Pulled from here. My compliments to the OP.
Guy on dakka claims to have seen the battle rep in the new WD:
- I'm still trying to wrap the tactical implications of this rule. I like it simply because it makes Eldar a mobile army again, even on foot. I wonder if it influences CC units at all, will Banshees be able to charge after running perhaps? I'd like it to work that way, otherwise it only benefits the shooting units.
- He had no idea what this does. Neither do I. Necrons make the most sense, or Daemons, but with no mention of it coming into play in the battle report I guess we'll have to wait and see on this one.
- I'm super excited here. We're looking at 28 possible psychic powers. Does a Farseer take a single roll for each level of psychic mastery and thus get 2 powers for 1? Also Warlocks use this table to I'm pretty excited to see that. Are these powers in addition to those in the core book? I'd like to thing so.
- I have never really run the Avatar all that often. I do like the notion of it having fleet and even better the idea of a psychic power that improves speed. The implications of this power combined with the Battle Focus ability is pretty amazing. Don't mind me I'm just going to move this foot unit halfway across the table in one turn, don't worry about it.
- A newer image leaked shows the Wraithknight with it's massive sword and also an arm shield device like the Wraithblades. This could be an anti infantry monster targeting Terminators with a vengeance since it can mount 2 Starcannons and 2 of these Suncannons. I really need some rules on the sword before I can make a verdict, but it'd have to be better than the current Wraithlord's close combat ability to impress me with something to handle hordes of infantry.
- Pending any changes you still should be able to deliver these guys into battle via a Wave Serpent and while Banshees can't handle that sort of insertion method, I'd imagine a group of 5 T6 3+ armor guys could, especially if those shields give them an invuln save. Let's hope for assault ramps.
- If the Wraithlord is T8, I'd imagine the Wraithknight is as well. Could be toughness 9 or 10, but I don't want to hear from non Eldar players at that point. I'm guess it's T8 with around 6 Wounds and a sweet armor save.
- Not surprised here. I don't expect many units to have changed profiles. I've never subscribed to the notion that all Eldar should have there BS and WS improved. Guardian BS 3 is plenty fine when you consider that the trained soldiers of the Tau and Imperial Guard share a similar skill level and my Craftworld just handed this guy a Shuriken Catapult after he finished his dream cycle on the Path of the Dreamer (Read Gav Thorpe's Path of series, it's good.)
- I recall reading in the fluff about how the armor of a Dark Reaper works and wondering why they couldn't move and shoot. This has made my day. Now my question is this, do they also have Battle Focus? I hope so because even though they can move now they are going to be leagues behind the rest of my army.
- Rumors indicate that Illic Nightspear is a unit upgrade. Seems like a cool enough cat. Why Rangers are getting WS4 is beyond me unless, as I've thought for some time, that they will have some weapon options. Consider the idea that every Craftworld outcast is given a sniper rifle and a duster. It's a little silly, surely some of these guys have walked the Path of the Warrior before becoming outcasts, maybe they know a thing or two about swords and shuriken catapults. Maybe you could run a unit like the Rangers in Dawn of War 2, one has a Sniper Rifle the rest have swords. It will totally be combat effective I assure you.
- We know, based on pictures that the Hemlock has the 2 Heavy D Scythes and the psychic based main gun and the Crimson Hunter has 2 Bright Lances and a Pulse Laser. I speculate them to be AV10 with 3 Hull Points and some weird Eldar gizmo that gives them Shrouded. That, of course, is drawn from my experience with Forgeworld's interpretations of Eldar flyers. It could just be AV 12 and call it a day. Either way I'm really hoping to be able to be able to take them in squadrons. Imperial Guard gets Vendetta squadrons after all.
- Without knowing who can take these are what they actually are I can't say much. I know the 120" Range Sniper rifle goes to Illic. Some cool items in there, but again without knowing more I really can't comment on them.
BatRep army list:
Jetbikes are Troops. Wraithguard I think are Troops with Spiritseer.
- I'm seeing three HQs. Does this mean a Farseer still lets you take X amount of warlocks? A early rumor mentioned Farseers being able to form a brotherhood of psykers maybe they work in tandum like that. I'd like to read the BatRep to see where that Warlock ended up. I wonder if they are like Wolf Guard and you can put them in various units.
- I see the Jetbikes are still troops and I like that. Wraithblades are Elite as I'd expect.
- The Crimson Hunter w/Exarch is what interests me here. Again with my squadron theory, I can see them like Broadsides. One can be taken, but you can add two more. One gets a sergeant upgrade. In Eldar fluff it could still just be a single fighter as an Exarch is just one who is trapped on a particular path of war.
- The Wraithknight is in the Heavy slot, competing with the Wraithlord as I feared. Ghostglaive is hopefully something cooler than a Wraithsword and I see that the Wraithknight shield is called a Shattershield. What I also see is that you can take two guns, 1 gun and a sword, or 1 gun and a shield, or sword and shield. Seems like it has a fair amount of options.
- Finally Conceal grants Shrouded! Conceal covers a unit in psychic mist, I've always wondered why being in psychic mist in the woods wasn't better than either situation individually. This opens up so many avenues of play and makes me enjoy the power immensely. I also like that each power has an inverse effect against your enemy. I'd likely use the buffs more as you can avoid deny the witch and most other psychic defenses that way, but some of these abilities are too good to ignore. I also like Destructor is more than just a heavy flamer.